Basic Real Estate Finance 2020 Online Course
Includes a Live Event on 08/12/2020 at 11:45 AM (EDT)
Wednesdays, August 12 - September 30, 2020
Noon - 2:00 p.m. eastern time
Course length: 16 hours/ 8 modules
Designed for: Entry-level professionals in development, asset management, finance, investment and brokerage.
The concepts presented in this course provide a critical foundation for any professional working in commercial real estate. One of NAIOP’s most popular courses, it provides entry-level professionals with the skills necessary to analyze the financial feasibility of real estate investment opportunities, and is ideal for developers, asset managers and owners who have very little financial analysis experience. Follow the step-by-step approach for completing a financial feasibility analysis. Gain understanding of real estate market participants, valuation fundamentals, determinants of real estate returns, the impact of leverage on real estate investments, interactions between the real estate space market and the capital market, and more. After completing this course, build on what you’ve learned by taking the Advanced Real Estate Finance course next.
- Introduction to Space Markets and Capital Markets
- Real Estate Valuation Using Direct Capitalization
- Real Estate Valuation Using Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
- Real Estate Leases
- Determinants of Real Estate Returns
- Introduction to Debt Financing
- Levered Real Estate Investments
- Analyzing Debt Financing Options
Tuition & Register
Payment for a NAIOP online course entitles access for one person only to the course and all materials.
How to Register
- Register online: Click on the green Register button at the top of the page. You will need to log in or create a free account in order to see the Register button.
- Fax: Complete the PDF registration form and fax to 703-904-7003
- Mail: Send check payments to: NAIOP, CL500060, PO Box 5007, Merrifield, VA 22116-5007
- Register over the phone/questions: 800-666-6780
All registrations processed online receive an automatic order confirmation and receipt. If you register via fax, mail, or phone, a receipt must be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login instructions to access the online course are sent under separate cover. If it is less than one week until the start of the course and you have not received the login instructions, please check your spam folder. If the login email is still not there, please contact the NAIOP Education Department at email@example.com.
All cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations of registrants received after July 28, 2020, will be charged a fee of $100 per attendee. Cancellations received after August 4, 2020 will forfeit the registration fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows. Substitutions are permitted until August 4, 2020. Nonmembers substituting for members will pay the difference in fees. Cancellation/substitution notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 703-674-1471.
David G. Domres, CPM® CCIM
- David G. Domres, CPM® CCIM, is currently vice president with Physicians Realty Trust AMO® headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- With a career spanning more than 30 years, Domres has been involved with multiple property types providing acquisition, disposition, development, leasing, and asset and property management services.
- Locally, Domres was the 2008 president of the Wisconsin Chapter of NAIOP, served on NAIOP’s corporate board and received NAIOP’s 2013 Volunteer of the Year recognition. Domres is a past president of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Milwaukee Chapter No. 13 where he received the chapter’s CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER® of the Year Award three times. Domres has contributed to numerous articles, publications and books about real estate investment and management.
- Domres holds the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) and Certified Property Manager (CPM®) designations. He is an adjunct instructor with the University of Wisconsin – Stout, Marquette University and IREM.
Senior Vice President, Asset Management & Real Estate Services
- Amy Lerseth is Senior Vice President, Asset Management & Real Estate Services at Buzz Oates.
- Amy has more than 20 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry and is primarily responsible for the execution of the investment strategy and business plan for assets valued in excess of $1.5 billion.
- She is directly responsible for the management of the real estate, asset management and property management companies, as well as driving Buzz Oates’ strategic vision and growth.
- Member of NAIOP, the Association of Commercial Real Estate, for which she serves on the Board of Directors as president elect; the Urban Land Institute; NAIOP’s Investment Management II National Forum; and Sacramento Metro Chamber’s Economic Development Committee.
Dustin Read, Ph.D.
Dustin is an Associate Professor of Property Management at Virginia Tech, where he holds the William and Mary Alice Park Junior Faculty Fellowship in the Program in Real Estate. His teaching and research interests include:
- Housing affordability
- Land use regulations
- Local economic development
- Public-private real estate partnerships
- Property/asset management
- Jason is Co-Founder of Ting Financial Group, a niche private equity real estate investment firm, and Principal of Ting Realty, a full service real estate development, management, and brokerage company.
- His direct responsibilities include acquisitions and dispositions, property management and leasing, domestic and foreign client relations, and new business formation.
- Jason blogs about his work and personal life journeys via JasTing.com, and is actively involved in his local community church leading personal finance wokshops.