Site Feasibility and Market Analysis Online Course
- Registration Closed
Thursdays, August 15 - October 10, 2019
Noon - 2:00 p.m. eastern time
The Site Feasibility and Market Analysis course is designed for the intermediate experienced- level real estate professional. The course starts with an analysis of macro-economics that drive and support the demand for real estate development. Students explore how to navigate through the capital considerations of a project to include the cost and availability of financing. The underlying contributors to supply, what drives the demand for development and the potential political, legal and regulatory challenges are also examined. As the site feasibility study process continues, each of the due diligence check points are defined and examined. Once the research process leads to consideration of a specific site, learners will identify and analyze the physical attributes, environmental considerations and potential issues with the project.
- Recognize the critical components included in a feasibility analysis and the overall impact to the viability and success of a project.
- Develop analytical assessment skills which include how to conduct investigative research to develop a site feasibility study.
- Perform a national, regional and local economic analysis to determine the state of the market, economic base, availability of resources and the availability supply and demand.
- Define the due diligence process and the intended outcome. Identify the critical players in the process. Develop a plan to work within the budget and timeframe of the project.
- Conduct simple highest and best use analysis taking into consideration: valuation using direct capitalization approach, land use controls and insurability.\
- Recognize the critical components of a site analysis and the impact of the results to the success or potential risks to the project.
Tuition & Register
Payment for a NAIOP online course entitles access for one person only to the course and all materials.
How to Register
- Register online: Click on the green Register button at the top of the page. You will need to log in or create a free account in order to see the Register button.
- Fax: Complete the PDF registration form and fax to 703-904-7003
- Mail: Send check payments to: NAIOP, CL500060, PO Box 5007, Merrifield, VA 22116-5007
- Register over the phone/questions: 800-666-6780
All registrations processed online receive an automatic order confirmation and receipt. If you register via fax, mail, or phone, a receipt must be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login instructions to access the online course are sent under separate cover. If it is less than one week until the start of the course and you have not received the login instructions, please check your spam folder. If the login email is still not there, please contact the NAIOP Education Department at email@example.com.
All cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations of registrants received after July 23, 2019, will be charged a fee of $100 per attendee. Cancellations received after August 6, 2019 will forfeit the registration fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows. Substitutions are permitted until August 6, 2019. Nonmembers substituting for members will pay the difference in fees. Cancellation/substitution notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 703-674-1471.
Jerold P. Franke
Jerry Franke retired in June 2017 following forty-four years of experience in community development and commercial real estate development, including:
- Thirteen years of municipal government development and administrative experience in Des Moines and Waterloo, Iowa and Janesville, Wisconsin.
- One and one-half years as a member of Governor Tommy Thompson’s administration responsible for marketing economic development opportunities throughout Wisconsin.
- Twenty-nine years as a key member of WISPARK LLC, including the last seventeen as its President. WISPARK, the real estate development arm of WEC Energy Group, has developed some of the largest and most complex business park and mixed-use settings in southeast Wisconsin representing more than three billion dollars in value.
After retirement, Jerry established Franke Development Advisors LLC, a commercial real estate consulting firm providing services to municipalities and commercial real estate developers. He has served on the Johnson Bank and Johnson Financial Group board of directors since 1993.
Franke has been recognized for his contributions to the commercial real estate industry and economic development efforts by several national, regional and local publications and organizations.
- Jason is Co-Founder of Ting Financial Group, a niche private equity real estate investment firm, and Principal of Ting Realty, a full service real estate development, management, and brokerage company.
- His direct responsibilities include acquisitions and dispositions, property management and leasing, domestic and foreign client relations, and new business formation.
- Jason blogs about his work and personal life journeys via JasTing.com, and is actively involved in his local community church leading personal finance wokshops.
- Joan Woodard has more than 45 years in the commercial real estate development and management business.
- She is the former President and CEO of Simons & Woodard in Santa Rosa, CA., where she was responsible for overseeing architecture, marketing, leasing, property and financial management for twenty years.
- Ms. Woodard began her career in real estate as a financial analyst and project manager in Atlanta with John Portman.
- In 1985, she joined Walt Disney on the West Coast as vice president for Disney Development, where she developed short and long-term plans for the company's use of real assets, among which was the planning process that resulted in Disney's corporate headquarters in Burbank and Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim.
- Ms. Woodard is semi-retired living in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. She serves as a Hearing Examiner for Kootenai County along with consulting, mentoring and teaching in commercial real estate. She is also a volunteer Ombudsman for long-term care facilities.