Chicago Market Update Webinar
Recorded On: 10/04/2022
In this webinar, hear from experts operating in the Chicago metro area who will cover the state of the market in the region, what’s driving demand for different product types, and opportunities for commercial real estate developers and investors.
Moderator: Molly McShane, Chief Executive Officer, The McShane Companies
Neal Driscoll, Midwest Region Partner, Dermody Properties
Nader Elrashidy, Managing Director, Life Science Ventures, Sterling Bay
Greg Moyer, Founder, Moyer Properties LLC and Co-founder, Ravine Park Partners LLC
Joseph Powers, Regional Manager, Marcus & Millichap
Thanks to our sponsor:
Partner, Midwest Region
- Neal Driscoll is Midwest Region Partner for Dermody Properties and is responsible for the company’s expanding portfolio across the region through the pursuit of acquisition, development, redevelopment and build-to-suit opportunities, as well as oversight of the existing portfolio.
- Mr. Driscoll was previously Vice President and Market Officer for Liberty Property Trust. During his 15-year career with Liberty, he oversaw a portfolio that grew from approximately 8 million square feet to 19 million square feet of industrial space across the midwestern United States including Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Cincinnati and Columbus. In this capacity, Neal was responsible for all aspects of Midwest enterprise including acquisition, disposition, (re)development, leasing and operations.
- Prior to his time at Liberty, Mr. Driscoll was an industrial broker in the Midwest providing investment and representative services.
Managing Director of Life Sciences Ventures
- Nader joined Sterling Bay in 2022 as Managing Director of Life Sciences Ventures, where he manages all aspects of the firm’s life sciences business ventures, including the company’s early-stage venture incubator and investment platforms.
- A veteran pharmaceutical executive, Elrashidy brings over two decades of diverse industry experience, including investing in therapeutics, medical technologies, and bioinformatics startups.
- Prior to that, his work focused on the development of complex generic injectable drugs. Elrashidy also held leadership positions at AbbVie, where he managed a variety of financial and business development responsibilities.
Molly McShane (Moderator)
Chief Executive Officer
The McShane Companies
- As Chief Executive Officer, Molly manages the overall operations and resources of The McShane Companies. She focuses on creating, planning, implementing and integrating its strategic direction to achieve operational excellence.
- Molly consistently delivers innovative thinking on behalf of a wide range of projects, markets and geographical areas.
- During her long-standing tenure with the organization, she has held a variety of positions within the construction and development businesses. She has focused on a wide variety of product types and, as a result, possesses extensive knowledge of the industrial, multi-family, office, healthcare and commercial market sectors.
- This comprehensive experience grants Molly a unique perspective of the entire commercial real estate development and construction process, contributing to the overall growth and success of the firm.
Moyer Properties LLC
- Greg Moyer is the founder of Moyer Properties LLC and co-founder of Ravine Park Partners LLC with an expertise in identifying investment properties ripe for development, repositioning, and appreciation.
- Both firms were formed in 2008 and have since completed over $750 million in developments and acquisitions.
- Prior to these firms being formed, Greg served as a managing partner and divisional manager in the national expansion of Marcus & Millichap.
Marcus & Millichap
- Joe Powers is regional manager of the Chicago Downtown office for Marcus & Millichap.
- He leads an office of 50+ investment sales and capital markets professionals focused on advising clients in the acquisition, disposition and financing of all income producing real estate.
- Prior to joining the leadership team of Marcus & Millichap in 2017, Joe was an investment sales broker for eight years focusing on office & industrial assets throughout the Midwest.