COVID-19 Challenges: Approaching your Mortgage Lender Webinar
Recorded On: 04/14/2020
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
The COVID-19 crisis has created revenue challenges for many businesses, leaving building owners with reduced cash flows to fulfill their mortgage loan obligations. Mortgage lenders hoping to avoid the possibility of defaults by their borrowers may be willing to offer forbearance agreements and other loan modifications to borrowers. Attorney George A. Pincus, Esq., of Stearns Weaver Miller, P.A., will outline a strategy for having a productive conversation with your mortgage lender so that you can preserve the value of your assets and try and limit any additional capital contributions or personal recourse. George will provide expert guidance about the considerations you need to keep in mind during your discussion with your Lender and advise how to document any forbearance or loan modification agreements.
Speaker: George A. Pincus, Esq., attorney, Stearns Weaver Miller, P.A.
- George Pincus is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department at Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A. His practice focuses on office, industrial, retail and build-to-suit leasing, real estate finance and loan work-outs, acquisition and sale transactions and real estate private equity matters, including the formation of real estate investment funds and negotiation of joint venture agreements.
- Has over 30 years of commercial real estate experience and has counseled clients through distress events in numerous real estate down cycles, dating back to the days of the RTC through the 2007-2008 downturn.
- Well versed in representing landlords, tenants, lenders, borrower, buyers, sellers, funds and investors in real estate and private equity transactions, Pincus is a solution-driven attorney who recognizes the importance of getting deals closed for his clients.
- Pincus has been actively involved with NAIOP for many years and has served in a variety of leadership positions in NAIOP's local, state and national organizations.
- Pincus has published a number of articles on commercial leasing topics. He is often asked to participate as an instructor in continuing education programs sponsored by the Florida Bar, NAIOP, IREM and other real estate professional organizations.