State of the Florida Office and Industrial Market Webinar
Recorded On: 09/14/2021
NAIOP’s annual conference, CRE.Converge, returns to Florida this year for the first time since 2005. The office and industrial markets have changed a lot since then. This webinar brings together local experts who will cover the current state of the markets in Florida and economic trends of the state, what’s driving demand, what challenges are ahead, and the opportunities for commercial real estate.
Danielle Mousseau, Lead Project Manager, Economic Development, Florida Power & Light Company
Eric Messer, Director of Research, Southeast, Newmark
Christopher Thomson, SIOR, Executive Managing Director, Industrial Brokerage, Cushman & Wakefield
Lead Project Manager, Economic Development
Florida Power & Light Company
- Danielle Mousseau leads economic development efforts throughout Florida by providing growing businesses with white-glove support, including available site and buildings, electric infrastructure assessments, electricity rate quotes, electricity incentives and tax exemption qualifications, and clean energy programs.
- She also provides project support to her community, regional and statewide partners throughout the state.
- Given her long history at NextEra Energy, the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and the sun and FPL’s parent company, Danielle is a target sector expert in sustainable technologies sector, recruiting companies to Florida.
- Danielle was named as one of North America’s Top 50 Economic Developers in 2020.
Director of Research, Southeast
- Eric Messer joined Newmark in 2011 as a research manager and currently oversees the research department in Florida for the Southeast (Florida, Atlanta and the Carolina’s). He provides senior-level research support for the Florida markets as well as supervises the analytical data and research operation for Atlanta and the Carolina’s.
- Under his leadership, market data is collected, consolidated, verified and summarized on a quarterly and annual basis to produce market trend reports for office and industrial statistics.
- Mr. Messer assumes an active role in business development and works with all service lines to develop client-oriented interpretations of market trends and statistics.
- He also fields specific broker requests across the state for additional data related to Newmark’s listing and subscription services.
Christopher Thomson, SIOR
Executive Managing Director, Industrial Brokerage
Cushman & Wakefield
- Christopher Thomson joined Cushman & Wakefield in 1999 after graduating from Florida State University with dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Real Estate and Finance.
- In 2001, Mr. Thomson found his true calling when he joined Chris Metzger and Rick Etner as a member of the South Florida Industrial Team.
- During his tenure, he has worked in the three major commercial real estate fields of office, retail, and industrial, while expanding Cushman & Wakefield’s industrial and land expertise from Palm Beach County north to Indian River County.
- Mr. Thomson is also one of the top industrial brokers in South Florida. He has represented most of the largest Landlords and Tenants in Palm Beach County. He is currently marketing the largest industrial park in Palm Beach County.