The Battle over Property Taxes Webinar
Recorded On: 06/25/2019
- Registration Closed
State and local governments are increasingly turning to commercial real estate for more revenue, particularly property taxes, in order to fund government services such as affordable housing and education. This webinar will focus on state and local tax structures and the impact of increased property taxes on commercial development and real estate.
President and Chief Executive Officer
- Rob is the President and Chief Executive Officer of CalTax, responsible for managing the staff and overall direction of the association. Rob joined CalTax in August 2009, and served as Director of State & Local Finance and Director of the California Tax Foundation, the nonprofit research organization founded by CalTax in 1980.
- Rob is a member of the advisory boards for the Franchise Tax Board and the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. He has completed extensive research on California tax policy, including property taxes, how taxes and fees are applied under Proposition 26, and legislative spending priorities.
- He assisted in the publishing of the second edition of California's Tax Machine: A History of Taxing and Spending in the Golden State.
- Rob holds a degree in political science from Westmont College in Santa Barbara.
Vice President of State Projects
- Michael Lucci is the Vice President of State Projects at the Tax Foundation, where he leads the state team in working with state and local officials to improve and modernize their tax codes.
- Michael served as Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy prior to joining the Tax Foundation and previously served as Vice President of Policy at Illinois Policy Institute. Michael’s career has involved work in finance as an options trader and education as a math instructor.
- Michael competes in triathlons and half marathons and is planning to run his first marathon this year. He and his wife share a passion for traveling and plan to see all seven continents together. Michael is a proud graduate of the University of Notre Dame, and lives in Alexandria, Va., with his wife and daughter.