COVID-19: Impacts on Appraisals and Building Management Webinar
Recorded On: 03/26/2020
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
Current events are causing unprecedented uncertainty in all aspects of commercial real estate. Real estate professionals are left wondering not only how to manage their properties safely, but how to maintain their businesses remotely by harnessing a variety of available technologies. At the same time, appraisers are facing extraordinary challenges in determining value in periods of significant market volatility. Join four expert CRE practitioners, led by K.C. Conway, ACRE Director of Research & Corporate Engagement, Chief Economist, CCIM Institute, for their perspectives and guidance on these topics.
Jim Amorin, CEO, Appraisal Institute
Barry Blanton, Chief Problem Solver at Blanton Turner, IREM SVP
K.C. Conway, ACRE Director of Research & Corporate Engagement, Chief Economist, CCIM Institute
Denise Froemming, CEO, IREM
Jim Amorin, CAE, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
- Chief Executive Officer of the Appraisal Institute since August 2018, having served as acting CEO from August 2017 through August 2018.
- Serves on the organization’s Executive Committee and on its policy-setting Board of Directors as a non-voting member.
- He was the 2009 and 2017 Appraisal Institute president, and has served twice each as the organization’s president-elect, vice president and immediate past president.
- He also has chaired or served on the Appraisal Institute’s Executive Committee, National Nominating Committee, Finance Committee, Audit Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, General Appraiser Council Admissions Committee, Qualifying Education Committee and the AI Relief Foundation Board of Directors, in addition to region and chapter roles
Chief Problem Solver
- “Chief Problem Solver” and a founding Principal of Blanton Turner, an AMO real estate management and consulting firm based in Seattle, Washington. Blanton Turner opened in 2011 and has been recognized nationally as the 2014 Management Company of the Year by Multifamily Housing News and was awarded an REME Award as “AMO of the Year” in 2016.
- He currently serves as an IREM Senior Vice President;
- Blanton entered the industry in 1980 and has become one of the most influential property management professionals in the Pacific Northwest.
Director of Research & Corporate Engagement
- ACRE Director of Research & Corporate Engagement and Chief Economist, CCIM Institute.
- Manages ACRE's research division existing market trends research content and creates new organic and collaborative research initiatives. Serves as research ambassador to corporate real estate entities. Manages research/consulting opportunities. Works with Culverhouse faculty to foster collaborative research.
- A nationally recognized subject matter expert on commercial real estate matters with specialized expertise in Valuation, Ports & Logistics, housing economics, AG Land, Aging‐Services Housing, Bank Regulation and Real Estate Finance.
- IREM’s CEO and executive vice president.
- She leads a team of dynamic association professionals dedicated to serving almost 20,000 individual IREM members and more than 550 member firms across the U.S. and around the world.
- Froemming has over 20 years of experience growing, leading, and advising organizations through restructurings, market expansions, and organizational transformations.
- Before joining IREM, she served as COO & CFO/EVP at the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), but she built her foundation in transformational change and association management at the College of American Pathologists (CAP), where she served as director of executive operations, and as senior financial manager.