COVID-19: Liability, Insurance and Rent Abatement Webinar
Recorded On: 03/31/2020
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
Major challenges are in store for building owners as tenants struggle with the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic. Attorney George Pincus will discuss a number of issues to deal with this situation, including:
- Effective communication with tenants to avoid liability issues and not waive rights and remedies under leases.
- Handling exposure incidents at your property and properly giving notice to CGL insurance carriers.
- Understanding laws on impossibility of performance and force majeure and what practical approaches landlords should consider in the current situation.
- Navigating lease modifications, working with lenders and working to limit personal guaranty liability.
George Pincus, Esq., Attorney, Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler, Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A.
Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A.
- George Pincus is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department at Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A. His practice focuses on office, industrial, retail and build-to-suit leasing, real estate finance and loan work-outs, acquisition and sale transactions and real estate private equity matters, including the formation of real estate investment funds and negotiation of joint venture agreements.
- Has over 30 years of commercial real estate experience and has counseled clients through distress events in numerous real estate down cycles, dating back to the days of the RTC through the 2007-2008 downturn.
- Well versed in representing landlords, tenants, lenders, borrower, buyers, sellers, funds and investors in real estate and private equity transactions, Pincus is a solution-driven attorney who recognizes the importance of getting deals closed for his clients.
- Pincus has been actively involved with NAIOP for many years and has served in a variety of leadership positions in NAIOP's local, state and national organizations.
- Pincus has published a number of articles on commercial leasing topics. He is often asked to participate as an instructor in continuing education programs sponsored by the Florida Bar, NAIOP, IREM and other real estate professional organizations.