Cracking the Code on Cold Storage Facilities Webinar
Recorded On: 09/09/2020
Everyone is talking about cold storage, but what does the term really mean? What are the costs, best locations and differences in product and design? Who leases these buildings, and what does the construction process for the owner look like? Hear from experts with experience in the product type who will share the answers to these questions, trends and future demand, and more.
Moderator: Cory Singer, Vice President of Business Development, FCL Builders
Carmen Dodaro, Executive Vice President and CEO, FCL Builders
Kate Lyle, Senior Project Architect, Ware Malcomb
Scott Pertel, President and CEO, Cold Summit Development
David Sours, Senior Vice President, CBRE
Executive Vice President & CEO, FCL Builders
- Carmen Dodaro joined FCL Builders in 1989 and worked his way up through the ranks from project manager to his current position as executive vice president and CEO.
- Dodaro oversees the management of day-to-day operations, company personnel, corporate finance, sales, strategic planning and business development.
- Additionally, he manages FCL’s team dedicated to the design and construction of cold storage, temperature controlled and process facilities throughout the U.S.
Senior Project Architect, Ware Malcomb
- Kate Lyle has over 14 years of architectural design expertise.
- She specializes in complex project types including cold storage, food processing, and manufacturing.
- Lyle is also active in the Controlled Environments Building Association (CEBA).
President & CEO
Cold Summit Development
- Scott Pertel is the founder and CEO of Cold Summit Development. Prior to launching Cold Summit, Pertel was a senior managing director and San Francisco office co-head at HFF L.P. (now JLL), a real estate capital markets intermediary.
- Over the course of his career, Pertel has focused his efforts within the cold storage industry, providing investment advisory, debt advisory and capital raising expertise for developers, owners and operators of refrigerated warehouses throughout the U.S.
- He leads all aspects of the organization, from client relationships, community involvement, fundraising and philanthropic efforts, to project level delivery.
Vice President of Business Development, FCL Builders
- Cory Singer has worked in the construction industry since 2002, with a primary focus on strategic growth planning and business development for general contractors and architectural and engineering design firms.
- Since joining FCL in 2011, Singer has led the company’s growth efforts with a particular emphasis on opportunities throughout Texas and the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Western/Southwest regions of the U.S.
- Prior to his work in the construction industry, Singer served as a senior aide in the United States Congress and as an elected County Commissioner.
Senior Vice President, CBRE
- David Sours is a leader of CBRE’s National Food Facilities Group based in Dallas, Texas.
- He is a seventeen-year industry leader serving the occupiers and owners of food distribution, manufacturing and cold storage assets.
- With over 400 food facility transactions across North America, Sours is proficient in all aspects of real estate transactions, including tenant representation, landlord representation, acquisitions, dispositions, build-to-suits, investment sales and sale leasebacks for both one-off transactions and portfolio sales within the Food Facilities niche practice.