Drivers of Life Science Demand Webinar
Recorded On: 08/24/2021
Join leaders in the life science development field for a dive into the nationwide impact of one of the fastest-growing industries. The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has illuminated the need for revolutionary and available lab space in the U.S. and around the world. In this webinar, learn about how the demand for mixed use developments and innovation districts continues to grow in a variety of metro areas from leading experts in the field.
Lauren Gilchrist, Managing Director, Research, Longfellow Real Estate Partners
Travis McCready, Executive Managing Director & National Practice Leader, Life Sciences Markets, JLL
Anne Papageorge, Vice President for Facilities and Real Estate Services, University of Pennsylvania
Melissa Schrock, AIA, Senior Vice President | Mixed Use Development, Hilco Redevelopment Partners
Managing Director, Research
Longfellow Real Estate Partners
- Lauren Gilchrist is Managing Director of Research for Longfellow Real Estate Partners, the largest privately held life sciences developer in the United States.
- Lauren directs Longfellow’s research strategy, content creation, and thought leadership in addition to providing macro and micro market research for the purposes of underwriting and executing Longfellow’s projects.
- Previously, Lauren served as SVP of Research for JLL in Philadelphia, Manager of Research & Analysis at the Center City District, and Program Manager at the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness.
- Lauren holds appointments to the Board of Directors for the PGW, Philadelphia Orchestra, and the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of NAIOP, where she served as Chapter President 2019-2020. Lauren is a sought-after speaker and frequently lectures and comments on topics related to commercial real estate and economic development for national audiences and publications.
Executive Managing Director & National Practice Leader, Life Sciences Markets
- Travis McCready is the National Practice Leader for JLL’s US life sciences real estate markets practice, which includes brokerage, capital markets, advisory and analytics, project and development services, and valuation for life sciences occupiers, developers and investors.
- He has over 25 years of experience leading public, private, and nonprofit ventures with a focus on technology and innovation based economic development.
- The former President & CEO of the $1.6 billion life sciences funding agency Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, he remains active in the life sciences community serving as director and scientific advisor to start-ups and initiatives focused on rare disease diagnostics, the microbiome, and advanced biomanufacturing.
Vice President for Facilities and Real Estate Services
University of Pennsylvania
- Anne Papageorge is the Vice President for Facilities and Real Estate Services at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Anne joined the University in October 2006 and has responsibility for Planning; Design and Construction; Facilities Operations, Maintenance, and Utilities; and Real Estate Operations and Development.
- She oversees a department of approximately 1,000 staff, $200 M in operating expenses and a capital budget averaging approximately $350 M per year, the Penn Connects campus development plan, and the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee responsible for developing and implementing the Climate and Sustainability Action Plan for the university.
Melissa Schrock, AIA
Senior Vice President | Mixed Use Development
Hilco Redevelopment Partners
- Melissa Schrock joined Hilco Redevelopment Partners’ (HRP) executive team in 2020 to lead the firm’s expansion into the urban mixed-use development space.
- In this role, she has responsibility for the management of several projects currently underway, including L Street Station in Boston, Massachusetts, the former PRGS site in Alexandria, Virginia, and Campus Bay in San Francisco, California, among other significant projects throughout the country.
- In leading HRP’s urban mixed-use development platform, Melissa’s responsibilities encompass all facets of development, from due diligence and acquisition to entitlement and vertical development.
- Prior to joining HRP, Melissa was Vice President of Development at Boston Properties (NYSE: BxP), where she oversaw many of the firm’s urban, mixed-use, redevelopment projects in Boston’s urban core, including The Hub on Causeway, a 1.8M SF mixed-use development at North Station adjacent to Boston’s TD Garden.