Earthquake Retrofits for Industrial Assets Webinar
Recorded On: 03/14/2023
You must log in to register
- Prices available after logging in
Did you know that earthquakes changed the direction of the Mississippi River? The U.S. is facing increasing risk of natural disasters each year, and modern building codes aren’t always enough to meet the stress of earthquakes or hurricanes. In this webinar, learn about seismic building codes for life safety only, how to use retrofitting to make existing structures more resistant to seismic activity, the estimated costs of seismic retrofits, the benefits of these features and more.
Speaker: Steven Saunders, President, Saunders Commercial Seismic Retrofit
Thanks to our sponsor:
Saunders Commercial Seismic Retrofit
- Steven Saunders has been in construction for a lifetime! He started his career at the age of 16 and moved on to establish his own company. Steven founded Saunders Construction Inc., in 1979 and decided the company would focus exclusively on performing seismic retrofits and structural repairs.
- In 1983, Steven was asked to perform the first URM, masonry building seismic retrofit in L.A., that created the first division 88 code for the city of Los Angeles.
- Steven’s construction experience is vast and extensive with a wide array of specialty niche ventures. He has constructed new commercial shopping centers to a design-build project for Irvine Ranch Farmer’s Market at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles to custom home builds and residential remodels in Orange County to city and state government projects. And, ultimately focusing on seismic retrofits and structural repairs to every type of building (frequently occupied) including, commercial, industrial, retail, mixed-use, low-rise apartment complexes, high rises, massive parking structures, museums, and historical buildings.
- Steven developed and refined systems and processes for the field and office divisions of Saunders Construction, enabling the company to grow and prosper year after year.
- Steven’s 50+ years of experience supervising projects and consulting has resulted in thousands of successful projects. Saunders Construction, Inc., is well respected in the industry due to the integrity, hard work and persistence in which Steven has built the foundation of the company.