Excessive Transfer Taxes Stifle CRE Development Webinar
You must log in to register
- Prices available after logging in
Many state and local governments place a tax on the transfer of the deed between the seller and buyer during commercial and residential real estate transactions. These transfer taxes generally generate revenues for government services and programs based on a percentage of the overall value of the real estate transaction. This webinar will focus on the detrimental impact of excessive transfer taxes on commercial real estate transactions and development, and how NAIOP is working to oppose efforts to increase these taxes in different communities across the U.S.
Moderator: Toby Burke, Associate Vice President of State and Local Affairs, NAIOP
Jamie Gregory, RCE, PPC, Lead Principal, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
Max Unger, SVP - Director of U.S. Tax and Investments, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield
Toby Burke (Moderator)
Associate Vice President of State and Local Affairs
Jamie Gregory, RCE, PPC
Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
- Jamie Gregory is an experienced Government Affairs professional and Association manager with a strong understanding of both the politics and policy of key issues.
- He is a successful manager of a high performing team of professionals.
- Jamie has worked for over two decades for a volunteer based organization that necessitates consistent communication with the grassroots membership.
SVP - Director of U.S. Tax and Investments
- Max Unger is a leader and principal business partner for all things U.S. “Tax” and “Investments” at URW.