Exploring the Economic Impacts of Commercial Real Estate Webinar
Recorded On: 03/29/2022
Commercial real estate development is a major contributor to the U.S. economy, supporting millions of jobs each year and boosting local economic activity. In 2021, commercial construction rebounded as the U.S. economy continued to recover, with new warehouse and distribution projects outpacing office and retail development. In this webinar, the authors of the NAIOP Research Foundation’s “Economic Impacts of Commercial Real Estate, 2022 U.S. Edition” will discuss recent trends in construction expenditures, commercial real estate’s contributions to the economy and emerging trends in office, retail and industrial development.
Mike Kercheval, Executive Director, Real Estate Center, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
Brian Lewandowski, Executive Director, Business Research Division, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
Thanks to our sponsor:
Executive Director of the Real Estate Center
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Mike Kercheval is the Executive Director of the Real Estate Center at the Leeds School of Business of the University of Colorado Boulder.
- As Executive Director, Mike manages and promotes the relationships between the real estate industry and the academic community through initiatives focusing on business education preparedness, career development and mentoring, and advancement of industry best practices.
- Since joining the Center, the school’s real estate enrollment has grown to be one of the nation’s largest and now offers two graduate degrees in real estate plus an undergraduate real estate major and a real estate minor track.
- Prior to joining the Center, Mike was President and CEO of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the world’s largest commercial real estate trade association. Under his leadership, Mike expanded the association’s professional education, advocacy, research, and networking activities and doubled ICSC’s global membership to over 70,000 across more than 100 countries.
Executive Director of the Business Research Division
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
- Brian Lewandowski is the Executive Director of the Business Research Division at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Brian provides regional business and economic information and education, including economic and revenue forecasts, policy studies, economic impact analyses, and data workshops. Brian has 15 years’ experience conducting economic studies at CU Boulder.
- Prior to CU, he worked in both the private sector and government.
- He currently serves on the boards of the Denver Association of Business Economists, the Association for University Business and Economic Research, and the National Association for Business Economics’ Regional Roundtable.