From Vacancy to Vibrancy: Office-to-residential Building Conversions Webinar
Includes a Live Web Event on 06/27/2023 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
You must log in to register
- Prices available after logging in
In this webinar, explore the process of transforming underused office spaces into vibrant and livable residential buildings. As corporate office vacancy rates in many downtowns continue to rise, Gensler has sought to understand how office-to-residential conversions can be part of the solution. Steven Paynter with Gensler will share key takeaways from over 700 building studies across North America and present a scalable model to evaluate conversion opportunities.
Speaker: Steven Paynter, OAA, ARB, Principal, Gensler
Thanks to our sponsor:
Steven Paynter, OAA, ARB
- Embodying the philosophy that diversity fosters innovation, Steven is widely recognized as an industry leader and an invaluable resource for market expertise to developers, landlords, and tenants alike. His ability to combine technical execution with elegant design and his commitment to each project makes him sought-after by clients across all industries.
- Steven is frequently called on to provide thought leadership and regularly speaks on topics such as unlocking the value of Class B & C buildings by converting them to residential, shaping the future of cities, the urbanization of suburbia, and design of post-pandemic office buildings.
- Engaged in original research, he has led the development of a tool for rapid assessment of existing office building stock for ESG performance.
- Steven was nominated by Business Insider as one of their Top 100 People Transforming Business in 2022, and his work and leadership have been featured in the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, Calgary Herald, CBC, BBC, South China Morning Post, RTE and Architectural Record.