Hybrid Work and the Future of Office Webinar
Recorded On: 10/10/2023
The widespread shift to hybrid work has had a lasting impact on the office sector, affecting demand for office space, reshaping occupier priorities, and accelerating the decline of those buildings that no longer meet occupier needs. In this webinar, the authors of the NAIOP Research Foundation's "Hybrid Work and the Future of Office" will share insights into the state of hybrid work, the building features that occupiers prioritize, how developers and building owners are responding to current market conditions, and what the future may hold for the most functionally obsolete office buildings.
Moderator: Shawn Moura, Research Director, NAIOP
Dustin C. Read, PhD/JD, Director of the Master of Real Estate Development Program, Clemson University
Julie Whelan, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Occupier Thought Leadership and Research Consulting, CBRE
Thanks to our sponsor:
Shawn Moura, Ph.D. (Moderator)
Dustin Read, Ph.D./JD
Professor and Director of the Master of Real Estate Development Program
- Dustin C. Read, PhD/JD, has two decades of experience conducting real estate research.
- In addition to holding academic positions at Clemson University, Virginia Tech and UNC Charlotte over the course of his career, he has consulted with numerous public- and private-sector organizations to promote socially responsible real estate development.
- Dr. Read is a NAIOP Research Foundation Distinguished Fellow, an inductee into the Institute of Real Estate Management’s Academy of Authors, and an eight-time recipient of honors from the American Real Estate Society for his contributions to real estate theory and practice.
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Occupier Thought Leadership and Research Consulting
- Julie Whelan leads a global team of researchers tasked with identifying major trends impacting commercial real estate occupiers across all industries. Julie also works directly with CBRE professionals across the Advisory & Transaction Services business to advise clients on real estate markets and strategies around the world.
- An expert on the future of work, Julie is particularly interested in how the fundamental shifts toward sustainability and flexibility are reshaping the strategy and utilization of space.
- With decades of experience working on both the client and services sides of the industry, Julie built her career creating data-driven insights that influence the C-suite on matters related to real estate in large institutions.