Legislative and Political Update Webinar (November 2019)
Recorded On: 11/19/2019
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
This webinar will provide members with an update on federal legislative activity and executive agency actions affecting the commercial real estate industry, with a specific focus on NAIOP’s top public policy and legislative priorities. Aquiles Suarez, NAIOP’s vice president for government affairs, and Alex Ford, NAIOP director of federal affairs, will discuss issues including tax legislation, infrastructure, environmental issues and federal regulatory matters. Attendees can pose questions regarding federal issues affecting their business and gain insights to prepare them for any future regulatory or legislative challenges.
Vice President for Government Affairs
- Vice president for government affairs for NAIOP
- Responsible for overseeing the association’s advocacy efforts at the federal, state and local level.
- Prior to joining NAIOP, he served as a director of government and industry relations at Fannie Mae.
Director of Federal Affairs
- Director of federal affairs for NAIOP
- Develops and implements the association’s federal agenda for tax issues, environment and energy policy, and federal regulations important to commercial real estate.