Macroeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: Potential Implications for CRE Webinar
Recorded On: 03/25/2020
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
Professor Timothy H. Savage, Ph.D. will provide an unbiased assessment of the macroeconomic impacts of COVID-19. He will address implications for Office and Industrial performance in light of the extraordinary monetary and fiscal policies being enacted in Washington, D.C., and worldwide.
Tim Savage, Ph.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Real Estate
- Clinical assistant professor of real estate at NYU’s Schack Institute of Real Estate, where he is the Program Coordinator of Data Science and the Faculty Director of Hirsh Scholars.
- The former Senior Managing Economist and Principal Data Scientist of CBRE Econometric Advisors. Tim is a data scientist with nearly 20 years of experience at international firms such as Charles River Associates and Navigant Consulting.
- His general focus is the use of machine learning to evaluate business strategy.
- Speaks frequently to institutional investors in commercial real estate on macroeconomics, monetary policy, and the potential impacts of big data and technological change. His research has been twice discussed in the Economist, and he has addressed the National League of Cities on uses of big data in policy making.
- He holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.