Modernizing Real Estate: Tech-enabled Tips and Tricks for Owners, Managers and Landlords Webinar
Recorded On: 07/29/2020
During this webinar, Troutman Pepper Partner Wendy Silliman and Senior Associate Tricia Brauer will address the importance of technology planning early in the construction phase of a development or upfit. They will illustrate how automation and control technologies are changing the real estate sector's approach to design, construction, risk assessment and maintenance, and discuss best practices for incorporating telecom and technology features into projects.
Tricia Brauer, Senior Associate, Troutman Pepper
Wendelin “Wendy” White Silliman, Partner, Troutman Pepper
Senior Associate, Troutman Pepper
- As a founding member of Troutman Pepper’s Real Estate Technology practice, Trish Brauer has significant experience advising clients on the issues surrounding the intersection of technology, construction and commercial real estate and helps her clients address the complexities that arise when acquiring, constructing, owning and managing real estate in a world with an ever-changing technological landscape.
- Over the course of her career, Brauer has represented developers, owners, investors, property managers, tenants and telecommunications companies across the globe in matters involving distributed antenna systems (DAS), building life safety, wireless internet and cable wiring systems, technology-enhanced building infrastructure, the Internet of Things (IOT), technology licensing and data privacy.
- She also is experienced in navigating the development and implementation of technology in connection with smart buildings and smart cities.
Wendelin “Wendy” White Silliman
Partner, Troutman Pepper
- With niche experience in wireless and telecommunications real estate, Wendy Silliman brings practical knowledge to legal matters requiring technical and industry acumen.
- She has more than 25 years of experience representing wireless companies in matters including distributed antenna system deals for office buildings, shopping centers, airports, hospitals, universities and athletic arenas; franchise agreements; bulk tower transfers; and fiber networks.
- She also represents landlords in structuring their cellular solutions, and she counsels both landlords and tenants in retail and office leasing matters.
- Silliman has extensive experience representing sellers and purchasers in real estate acquisitions and development for a variety of areas of real estate, including shopping centers, schools, golf courses, office complexes, hotels, daycare centers and power plants.