Negotiating with Tenants and Leasing Space During COVID-19 Webinar
Recorded On: 09/16/2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has made it difficult for some commercial tenants to pay rent. Safety concerns have also forced brokers and building owners to adapt how they show space to prospective tenants and have reshaped tenant preferences. This webinar, moderated by the author of research brief "WorkingTogether as a Team: Negotiating With Tenants and Leasing Space During COVID-19" from the NAIOP Research Foundation, will examine how industrial and office building owners, lenders and brokers are approaching negotiations with tenants and how owners and brokers have adapted leasing practices during the current pandemic.
Shawn Moura, Ph.D., Research Director, NAIOP
Brian Adamson, development partner, ICAP Development, Wisconsin
Jonathan Kingsley, executive managing director, Office & Industrial Services, Colliers International, Florida
Michael Riopel, assistant general counsel, Law Department, Northwestern Mutual, Wisconsin
Development Partner, ICAP Development, Wisconsin
- Brian is the co-founder and Managing Partner of ICAP Development. His focus includes client relations and ground-up developments.
- Since founding ICAP in 2012, Brian has completed over 30 developments and acquisitions across 9 states with a project list that includes a mix of industrial, single-tenant retail, medical-office, multi-tenant retail, multi-family, student housing, and hotel developments.
- Through Brian’s leadership, the Principals at ICAP currently hold a diverse investment portfolio throughout the country totaling over 1.5 million square feet.
Executive Managing Director, Office & Industrial Services, Colliers International, Florida
- Jonathan Kingsley is a veteran of the commercial real estate industry, focusing on Class A agency and tenant representation services for office and industrial clients in South Florida and across the United States.
- He also provides investment and asset management consulting services to institutional clients.
- Jonathan and Stephen Rutchik, partners for 17 years, have built a team of 10 passionate, driven commercial real estate professionals, offering their expertise to office and industrial occupiers and investors across South Florida.
Assistant General Counsel, Law Department, Northwestern Mutual, Wisconsin
- As Assistant General Counsel, Mike represents the company in all aspects of managing its $49 billion international real estate investment portfolio (composed of approximately 80 percent fixed income and 20 percent equity investments), including permanent and construction financing transactions, equity and joint venture development projects, acquisition and disposition of real estate assets, asset management, and leasing transactions.
- Prior to joining Northwestern Mutual, Mike was in private practice with the national law firm of Husch Blackwell LLP, von Briesen & Roper S.C. and prior to that worked in house with local real estate developer, Wangard Partners Inc.
- Mike has been actively involved with NAIOP for over 10 years and was appointed a NAIOP Visionary in 2020. Mike has completed his Certificate of Advanced Study in Real Estate Finance, his Certificate of Advanced Study in Real Estate Development and is a humbled recipient of the NAIOP Corporate Developing Leaders award.