No Place Like Home: How Industrial Can Coexist with Residential Communities Webinar
Includes a Live Event on 08/23/2022 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
When industrial projects are new to the neighborhood, communities may love the business but tire of the noise and truck traffic. How can industrial successfully coexist near residential areas? In this webinar, experts will discuss best practices and share how technology is helping get these projects closer to neighborhoods while keeping key stakeholders in the community happy.
Moderator: Sven Tustin, Executive Vice President, Conor Commercial
- Benjamin Conwell, Senior Managing Director, Logistics & Industrial Services, Cushman & Wakefield
- Micah Miranda, Economic Development Director, City of Chandler, Arizona
- Brian Quigley, Executive Vice President, Conor Commercial
- Jay Todisco, President, Ware Malcomb
Thanks to our sponsor:
Senior Managing Director, Logistics & Industrial Services
Cushman & Wakefield
- Ben Conwell is the Senior Managing Director for Cushman & Wakefield’s newCommerce Advisory Group for the Americas.
- His responsibilities include business development, intellectual property presentation and counsel on strategy, site selection, design and execution for both occupiers and investors.
- As leader of the eCommerce and electronic fulfillment special practice group, Conwell is focused on providing current and prospective Cushman & Wakefield clients the most valuable market-leading counsel to effectively plan and execute their fulfillment and distribution strategies.
Economic Development Director
City of Chandler, Arizona
- Micah Miranda is the City of Chandler Economic Development Director. In this role he leads Chandler’s economic development efforts to enhance a thriving economy through business attraction, retention, entrepreneurial development, innovation and tourism.
- Micah works closely with the Mayor and City Council, City Manager and staff from city departments to facilitate economic development projects and policy initiatives that enrich the business operating environment.
- Micah has extensive experience in municipal and state economic development organizations as a leader, manager and professional. His experience executing the strategic vision of City Councils and managing the operations of economic development offices is exemplified through his intense focus on collaboration to achieve results.
Executive Vice President
- As Executive Vice President overseeing Conor’s Midwest and Savannah industrial markets, Brian Quigley is responsible for leading a team of commercial real estate professionals in identifying and securing development opportunities on a local and regional basis.
- Over the course of his 25+ years in commercial real estate, Brian has developed over 20 million square feet of industrial and commercial product. He applies his proven track record and industry standing to position the firm for continued growth and achievement of its development objectives.
- Jay Todisco is the President of Ware Malcomb. He joined Ware Malcomb in 1998 as Regional Director for the Irvine Corporate Headquarters. Throughout his career at Ware Malcomb, he has held the positions of Principal, Executive Vice President, and in 2020 he was promoted to President. As President, Jay oversees the overall growth and business development for Ware Malcomb, with a focus on exceptional client service and relationship management.
- An accomplished architect with over 40 years of commercial real estate industry experience, Jay is also highly engaged with Ware Malcomb’s Design Studio and oversees all aspects of design from the executive level. Jay has extensive expertise in architecture and planning of various building types including industrial, distribution/logistics, office, retail, healthcare, parking structures and hospitality.
- Jay is an active member of NAIOP serving in numerous roles. He is a member of the Board of Directors for NAIOP LA/Orange County Chapter, the Chairman of the NAIOP National Forum (e-Commerce III), a general associate member of SIOR, a LEED Accredited Professional, and has been a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) since 1989.
Sven Tustin (Moderator)
Executive Vice President
- Sven Tustin serves as Executive Vice President for Conor’s Southwest Regional Office in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Joining the firm in 2015, he oversees development activities within a wide variety of market sectors throughout Arizona and the greater Southwest Region.
- Offering over 15 years of commercial real estate development experience, Sven provides strategic direction and management of Conor’s land selection and acquisition, feasibility/underwriting, entitlements, holdings, speculative development, build-to-suit opportunities, financing, leasing and disposition activities.