Seattle Market Update Webinar
Recorded On: 10/03/2023
Despite steady job growth and moderate economic gains during the first half of 2023, Seattle and the Puget Sound regional economy may face continued headwinds in the near term. In this webinar, you’ll hear from experts operating in the office, industrial and multifamily sectors in the region who will cover the state of the market in the Seattle area, what’s driving demand, potential challenges and opportunities for commercial real estate developers and investors.
Moderator: Cleita R. Harvey, Managing Director, JLL
Thad Mallory, SIOR, Vice Chairman, Newmark
Chris Rossman, Managing Partner, Fourth Avenue Capital
Andrew Shultz, Senior Director, Cushman & Wakefield
Thanks to our sponsor:
Cleita R. Harvey (Moderator)
- As Managing Director with JLL, Ms. Harvey exclusively represents Landlords in Seattle and the surrounding submarkets. In 2017, JLL acquired Urbis Partners, a boutique Agency-only brokerage, which Ms. Harvey was co-owner of since 2005.
- From 1998 - 2005, she was a senior Vice President at the Trammell Crow Company and lead the Agency Leasing Team in Seattle.
- Prior to brokerage, Ms. Harvey had a successful career as an REO Asset Manager with a Seattle regional bank.
- Ms. Harvey represents new office developments and major office projects in Seattle and the greater Puget Sound.
Thad Mallory, SIOR
- Thad Mallory joined Newmark in 2018 and serves as a Vice Chairman in the firm’s Bellevue, Washington office.
- Mallory specializes in the leasing and sales of office and industrial properties in Western Washington.
- Prior to Newmark, Mallory was a partner with Kidder Mathews and served as a Senior Vice President in that firm’s Tukwila office.
- He began his real estate career at Kidder Mathews in 2005 and was consistently one of the firm’s top producers.
Fourth Avenue Capital
- Chris is a Managing Partner and Head of Development for Fourth Avenue Capital, focusing on investment strategy, development, and fundraising.
- Prior to forming FAC, Chris spent nearly a decade at The Wolff Company, a Scottsdale-based multifamily owner and developer, where he served as Senior Vice President of Development, overseeing the Pacific Northwest region. At Wolff, Chris developed more than 5,600 multifamily housing units totaling more than $1.4bn of investment. While at Wolff, several projects under Chris’ oversight received national design and industry awards.
- Prior to joining The Wolff Company, Chris was a Partner at Urban Evolution, a Seattle-based multifamily housing developer focused on the development of mixed-use urban housing communities.
- Chris currently serves on the NAIOP Washington Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Cushman & Wakefield
- Andrew Shultz joined Cushman & Wakefield as part of the Agency Leasing team in 2021, bringing with him over 15 years of comprehensive experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- From strategic planning to site selection, lease negotiation, construction management, vendor selection and space commissioning, Andrew’s expertise in and hands-on approach to brokerage is also informed by his experience in commercial property management, allowing him to provide high-touch customer service and build longstanding relationships with his clients.
- It’s this deep experience that allows him to understand the leasing process both sides of the table – a unique perspective that makes him a more effective broker and someone who can get deals done.