State of the SoCal and Inland Empire Industrial Markets Webinar
Recorded On: 02/28/2023
The industrial sector has been the darling of commercial real estate for years now, but with less pressure on global supply chains, a cooling economy, and a decrease in the rate of e-commerce expansion, retailers and logistics firms have slowed the rate at which they acquired additional industrial space this year. In this webinar, a panel of experts in the SoCal and Inland Empire markets will share their insights into local industrial demand and absorption, trends and opportunities in the sector, and more.
Moderator: Jay Tanjuan, Director of Development, Scannell Properties
Jonathan Bagnall, President, Uprite Construction
Joe Cesta, Executive Vice President, CBRE
Thanks to our sponsor:
- As President of Uprite Construction Group, Jonathan Bagnall oversees all aspects of growth and construction in both current and emerging markets, predominantly within the Commercial and Industrial sectors.
- With more than 20 years of experience in the Construction industry, Jonathan has served with Turner Construction, Snyder Langston and most recently led Business Unit Leadership for Alston Construction in both California and Idaho. Jonathan has worked on projects ranging in size up to 150 million and focused primarily on Ground up, Industrial construction working with local and Institutional Developers on speculative and “Build to Suit” Projects. He enjoys the Real Estate life cycle, working closely and early with Clients from initial site selection, due diligence, entitlements, design, plan check and construction.
- Jonathan served on the NAIOP Board, Inland Empire chapter, for 3 years before transitioning to leading the initiative for opening a new NAIOP Chapter in Idaho.
Executive Vice President
- Joe Cesta is an Executive Vice President within CBRE’s Capital Markets, Investment Properties, as well as a Partner within CBRE’s National Partners. Focusing on the Western United States along with his local partners Darla Longo, Barbara Perrier, Brett Hartzell, Rebecca Perlmutter, Paige Morgan, Michael Longo, Eric Cox and Ben Humphreys, Joe advises private and institutional clients who own industrial and logistics investment properties and land.
- Located in five key logistics hubs, National Partners uniquely connects global, national, regional and local market insight in order to provide unmatched outcomes to clients. Enhanced by a fully integrated debt platform, best in class Agency and Occupier professionals and in alignment with client goals and objectives, National Partners delivers remarkable outcomes.
- In 2022, Joe and his West Coast team executed over 72 deals with a total transaction value in excess of $7.2 billion, covering 31.3 MSF and 482 Acres.
Jay Tanjuan (Moderator)
Director of Development
- Jay Tanjuan is Director of Development for the Scannell Properties Southern California office, responsible for site acquisition, due diligence, entitlements, construction management, marketing, leasing, and dispositions for ground-up industrial development projects throughout Southern California.
- Prior to joining Scannell Properties, Jay was a senior development manager for Panattoni Development Company and was an office tenant rep broker with JLL in Orange County.
- Prior to his career in commercial real estate, Jay served six years in the U.S. Navy in support of Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom as a supply officer in logistics/supply chain management.