The Evolution of the Warehouse: Trends in Technology and Innovation Webinar
Recorded On: 12/02/2020
The real estate industry is experiencing an unparalleled transformation across all asset classes. Advancements in technology and the adoption of new applications for real estate is causing fundamental change in the built environment. Automation, data analytics, ubiquitous sensors, AI and autonomous vehicles promise to create higher levels of productivity and allow for more efficient use of space. In this webinar, learn about key findings from the recent NAIOP Research Foundation report, "The Evolution of the Warehouse: Trends in Technology, Design, Development and Delivery," and hear from leading experts in the field about how technology and innovation are enabling an evolution of warehouse and distribution real estate.
Liz Dunn, Senior Vice President, Customer Led Innovation, Prologis
Jeff Milanaik, Partner, Northeast Region - Bridge Development Partners
Steve Weikal, CRE Tech Lead, Real Estate Innovation Lab, Head of Industry Relations, MIT Center for Real Estate
Senior Vice President, Customer Led Innovation, Prologis
- Liz Dunn is Senior Vice President, Customer Led Innovation based in San Francisco, California.
- She runs a team that drives innovation initiatives focused on solving customer needs and pain points across the supply chain. She also manages key customer relationships, servicing and growing several of Prologis’ most strategic global accounts.
- Prior to this role, Ms. Dunn managed relationships across Prologis’ institutional investors and sell-side analysts on the Investor Relations team and held several other roles in the finance department and Office of the CIO.
- Ms. Dunn holds an MBA in Finance and Real Estate from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Georgetown University.
Partner, Northeast Region - Bridge Development Partners
- Jeff Milanaik, Partner, joined Bridge Development Partners in 2014 when he opened Bridge’s New Jersey office. He is responsible for Bridge’s acquisition and development activities throughout the Northeast Region. Since joining the company, he has successfully completed development transactions on nearly 9 million square feet of industrial real estate in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania with a value in excess of $2.15 billion.
- Bridge is a dynamic steward of institutional capital and a successful fiduciary to an equity partner who continues to deploy capital on a national platform. In 2012, Bridge formed a strategic joint venture with Dallas-based Akard Street Partners, L.P. (now Banner Oak Capital Partners, L.P.), an investment partnership of Hunt Realty Investments, Inc. and Teacher Retirement System of Texas (“TRS”).
- He previously served as President/Partner of Heller Industrial Parks Inc. and holds over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate.
- Jeff currently serves on NAIOP's Corporate Executive Board as Vice Chair, Government Affairs. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of NAIOP-NJ and is past President of NAIOP-NJ.
CRE Tech Lead, Real Estate Innovation Lab Head of Industry Relations, MIT Center for Real Estate
- Steve Weikal is a lecturer, researcher, and the CRE Tech lead in the MIT Real Estate Innovation Lab, focused on innovative new technology and business models that disrupt the traditional ways of developing, transacting and managing real estate. He is also Head of Industry Relations at the MIT Center for Real Estate, responsible for managing relationships between the Center and its global network of industry partners and over 1,200 alumni, represented in 48 countries.
- Steve is a member of the Global Insights Panel for MIT Technology Review, a member of the CREtech Leadership Board, and sits on the advisory boards of five real estate technology start-ups.
- He was the Founder of MIT Real Disruption, a successful series of conferences discussing the impact of emerging technology on the real estate industry that is now part of the international CREtech conference platform.
- Steve has spoken extensively about real estate technology for private clients around the world, and at conferences for AFIRE, AsRES, BOMA, CCIM, CoreNet, CREW, ICSC, IREM, NAIOP, SIOR, and ULI, and, and has been quoted by numerous media outlets, including BuzzFeed, TechInsider, Medium, CP Executive, the Boston Globe, GlobeSt. the Real Reporter, Travel Weekly, IPE Real Assets Europe and Anuario Inmobiliario LatinoAmerica.