The Urban to Suburban Shift Webinar
Recorded On: 07/26/2022
We’ve all seen the headlines – quiet towns transformed into “Zoom towns” as remote work became the norm during the pandemic. This migration from the urban core to suburbs and smaller cities – where cost of living is lower and commutes are less of a factor – has had a tremendous impact on commercial real estate. But will this be the new normal, or will people move back to the major metropolises once we put the pandemic behind us? Experts will share their research and the demographic trends they’re seeing, then offer insights into how these trends are shaping the investment landscape and driving decisions in developing and investing in urban/suburban office spaces.
John Chang, Senior Vice President, National Director Research Services, Marcus & Millichap
Al Pontius, Senior Vice President, National Director, Office and Industrial Divisions, Marcus & Millichap
Thanks to our sponsor:
Senior Vice President, National Director Research Services
Marcus & Millichap
- John Chang serves as the National Director of Research and Advisory Services for Marcus & Millichap.
- Mr. Chang joined Marcus & Millichap in April 1997 as a Research Manager in the Seattle office. After holding executive marketing and e-business positions with premier residential real estate firms in the Pacific Northwest, he rejoined Marcus & Millichap in November 2007 as the head of its Research Services division.
- Mr. Chang leads a team of dedicated real estate research professionals who produce the firm’s vast array of market research publications. These detailed reports, analyses and presentations provide insights on all major commercial property types including: Hotels, Industrial, Manufactured Housing, Multifamily, Office, Medical Office, Retail Multi-Tenant, Retail Single-Tenant, Self-Storage and Seniors Housing.
Senior Vice President, National Director, Office and Industrial Divisions
Marcus & Millichap
- Alan Pontius is senior vice president and national director of the Marcus & Millichap’s office, industrial, and healthcare divisions.
- As executive leader of Marcus & Millichap’s office and industrial business segments, Al Pontius is primarily responsible for directing the firm’s strategy and growth in these sectors throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Additionally, he serves on the firm’s senior executive team responsible for design and execution of firm-wide strategies and initiatives.