Three Design Firms Reimagine the Office Webinar
Recorded On: 04/26/2022
With the labor market as tight as it is, every company is looking for an edge to attract the best talent, and for many, office space is a key part of that strategy. In this webinar, experts from three different design firms will share their vision for the office of tomorrow. Hear their take on the key design elements that will have the most impact, both short- and long-term; what should be put to pasture; and some of the exciting new possibilities ahead.
Moderator: Taylor van Dam, COE Leader, Workplace Innovation, Cushman & Wakefield
Ted Heisler, CID, IIDA, Vice President, Interior Architecture and Design, Ware Malcomb
Eric Shade, PLA, LEED AP | Landscape Architect, Kimley-Horn
Ian Zapata, Repositioning & Landlord Services Leader, Design Director, Senior Associate, Gensler
Thanks to our sponsor:
Ted Heisler, CID, IIDA
Vice President, Interior Architecture and Design
- Ted Heisler is Vice President, Interior Architecture & Design for Ware Malcomb a contemporary and expanding full service design firm providing professional architecture, planning, interior design, civil engineering, branding and building measurement services to corporate, commercial/residential developer and public/institutional clients throughout the world.
- Ted joined Ware Malcomb in 1994 and has been responsible for the significant growth of our interiors clientele.
- Ted is a member of Ware Malcomb's Executive Team and leads the firm’s Interiors Advisory Group. He is responsible for national business development and Ware Malcomb’s corporate account program for interiors.
- He has extensive experience in all facets of interior architecture and design, workplace strategy, and has worked on a variety of corporate office, commercial, retail, financial and industrial projects throughout his career.
Eric Shade, PLA, LEED AP
- Signifying a vision to serve people by realizing spaces for a variety of owners, developers, and users, Eric Shade's career in landscape architecture originates from his passion for the natural environment.
- His aptitude for working with multidisciplinary groups has enabled Eric to serve on diverse teams for an array of project types across the nation.
- In addition to his collaborative spirit, Eric's mastery of creative design techniques, knowledge of sustainability measures, and technical expertise make him an invaluable leader through all phases of development.
Taylor van Dam (Moderator)
COE Leader Workplace Innovation
Cushman & Wakefield
- Taylor is an experienced Interior Designer with strategic workplace and human behavior expertise that can help clients anticipate and mitigate risks associated with transitioning people from a traditional work environment into new ways of working.
- Taylor’s primary focus is on data driven evidence to improve employee experience which enables clients to make informed decisions and ultimately drive increased productivity and profitability.
- Taylor’s 20 years of experience and diverse background in architectural interiors, project management, account management, space planning, corporate real estate, workplace strategy and product development lend a creative approach when partnering with clients in tackling their most challenging business problems.
Repositioning & Landlord Services Leader, Design Director
- Ian Zapata is a design director and a global leader in Repositioning & Landlord Services at Gensler.
- Through Ian’s experience and tenure, he has always asserted that great design matters, and this is showcased through projects such as 400 Record, Verizon’s Hidden Ridge mixed-use campus, and the repositioning of several urban buildings to transform the future of cities.
- He is based in Dallas.