U.S. Construction Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic Webinar
Recorded On: 04/02/2020
The Advantage Series is an exclusive member benefit, delivering expert insights into the latest research to help you make informed business decisions.
The COVID-19 pandemic has radically impacted how development and construction firms operate. The industry is currently navigating rapidly-changing governmental orders concerning business closures, many of which vary state by state, as well as major disruptions of ongoing projects. Now is also the time for these business to think ahead about how they will deal with delay claims and claims for additional compensation once the full extent of the COVID-19 impact is known. Duane Morris, LLP attorneys Meghan DiPerna and Kenneth Lazaruk and AGC senior counsel Brian Perlberg will take questions and discuss challenges such as supply chain unavailability, labor shortages and contractual force majeure provisions.
Meghan DiPerna, Partner, Duane Morris, LLP
Kenneth Lazaruk, Partner, Duane Morris, LLP
Brian Perlberg, Senior Counsel for Construction Law & Contracts, Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America
Meghan M. DiPerna
Partner, New York
- Practices construction law at Duane Morris LLP.
- DiPerna drafts and negotiates construction agreements, design agreements, development agreements and trade contracts on behalf of owners, developers and contractors.
- She counsels clients through the contract administration process, and provides advice as to allocation of construction/design risk, surety bonding, insurance coverage, building loan funding, adjacent property protection, labor issues, warranties and lien matters.
- As a complement to her transactional practice, DiPerna also assists clients in resolving a variety of disputes. Her experience in this regard extends to delay claims, change orders, design defects, defective work, property damage, and default/termination.
Kenneth H. Lazaruk
Partner, New York
- Practices in the area of construction law at Duane Morris LLP.
- Lazaruk has more than 40 years' experience in the construction industry, 30 of which has been as an attorney exclusively practicing in the field of construction law. His experience as an attorney includes all aspects of construction law with an emphasis on representing owners and developers in the drafting and negotiation of design and construction agreements.
- Lazaruk also represents owners and developers in construction disputes resolved through either mediation, arbitration and/or litigation. He also has experience representing other parties involved in construction projects including design professionals, architects, engineers, contractors, construction managers, suppliers and vendors.
Senior Counsel for Construction Law & Contracts
- Serves as the Executive Director & Senior Counsel for ConsensusDocs, a coalition of 40 leading construction organizations.
- He also serves as Senior Counsel for Construction Law & Contracts for Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America, where he is the lead expert on construction law and contract matters.
- Perlberg is on the ABA Forum on the Construction Law Steering Committee for the Contract Documents, the Executive Committee for the National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee (NCDRC) of the Arbitration Association of America (AAA), and the Advisory Board for Construction SuperConference Board.
- He has been recognized as a top legal voice by Engineering News Record (ENR), and featured in Who’s Who Legal, Construction.
- Previously, Perlberg served as General Counsel for the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA).