Pharma and the Cold Chain: The Role of Cold Storage in Pharma Distribution Webinar
Recorded On: 02/09/2021
This webinar will provide insight into the role that cold storage plays in rolling out pharmaceuticals and vaccines. With the near-term need for vaccine distribution at a critical point, along with the longer-term requirement of a consistent stream of pharmaceutical deployment, this panel of experts will address the refrigeration requirements, building requirements and challenges developers face to implement a national cold storage infrastructure for the pharma industry.
Moderator: Scott Pertel, CEO, Cold Summit Development
Matt Hirsch, President, Primus Builders
Mike McGinnis, President, Innovative Refrigeration Systems
This webinar is part of a six-part series on industrial-focused topics hosted by NAIOP throughout 2021.
Scott Pertel (Moderator)
President & CEO
Cold Summit Development
- Scott Pertel is the founder and CEO of Cold Summit Development. Prior to launching Cold Summit, Pertel was a senior managing director and San Francisco office co-head at HFF L.P. (now JLL), a real estate capital markets intermediary.
- Over the course of his career, Pertel has focused his efforts within the cold storage industry, providing investment advisory, debt advisory and capital raising expertise for developers, owners and operators of refrigerated warehouses throughout the U.S.
- He leads all aspects of the organization, from client relationships, community involvement, fundraising and philanthropic efforts, to project level delivery.
Michael McGinnis, Jr., P.E.
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc
- Michael McGinnis started his industrial refrigeration career by graduating from Florida Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. While carrying over 3 decades of experience in design, engineering, construction and service of all facets within the industrial cold storage, food processing, pharmaceutical, petrochemical sectors of refrigeration, he never stops innovating.
- He started Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. in 1993 and by offering consistency through excellent products and services, Innovative has grown from a family-owned “garage shop” to a powerhouse in the industry, creating dedicated long-lasting partnerships with clients and he is proudest of his world class teammates.
- In 2010, Mike pursued an additional endeavor to provide hands-on training with the unique opportunity to learn in a 4,000 sq. ft. training facility that includes operational ammonia and CO2 refrigeration systems. Industrial Refrigeration Technical College (IRTC) was born and made its mark providing education to its first students in the spring of 2010.
- As president of Primus Builders, Matt Hirsch leads with a sense of vitality and collaboration that encourages innovation and team building. This approach has lead to advances in automation, artificial intelligence and sustainable design and construction practices that set Primus apart from its competitors.
- A lifelong hockey player, Matt is known for his team approach to the design and construction process. He listens closely to their clients to understand their business goals and communicates a plan to achieve them with the entire project team.
- Matt’s commitment to the industry and outstanding customer service earned him a spot on ENR Southeast’s list of the Top 20 Under 40, a compilation of the industry’s rising stars under the age of 40, as well as Building Design + Construction’s list of the Top 40 Under 40.