The Transformation of Retail and its Direct Influence on Industrial’s Boom Webinar
Includes a Live Event on 01/26/2021 at 2:00 PM (EST)
The sweeping disruption to brick-and-mortar retail caused by the rapid growth of e-commerce is widely known. What has garnered less attention, however, is how the surge in e-commerce has shaped industrial real estate. To meet demand for faster deliveries, implementation of an efficient last mile distribution strategy is critical. When the coronavirus pandemic hit, demand for consumer staples skyrocketed, high-street retail went dark only to become micro-fulfillment centers, contactless delivery became a standard practice, and businesses across all sectors have been aggressively scrutinizing their supply chain resiliency. In this webinar, Jeffrey Rinkov, CEO, Lee & Associates, will interview Andrea Himmel, Director of Acquisitions, Himmel + Meringoff Properties, about how the drive to strengthen supply chain resilience is accelerating demand for urban warehouses, resulting in a flood of capital into industrial real estate in urban areas.
Andrea Himmel, Director of Acquisitions, Himmel + Meringoff Properties
Jeffrey Rinkov, CEO, Lee & Associates
This webinar is part of a six-part series on industrial-focused topics hosted by NAIOP throughout 2021.
Director of Acquisitions
Himmel + Meringoff Properties
- In 2018, Andrea joined Himmel & Meringoff Properties, the commercial real estate firm that her mother cofounded in 1979. H+M owns one of the largest privately owned portfolios of commercial real estate in NYC, committed to the long-term ownership and hands-on operation of office buildings in Manhattan and industrial warehouses in the boroughs.
- Andrea runs acquisitions and growth for the company. In addition, she is leading the rezoning of H+M’s 8-acre site in Parkchester.
- She is recognized as a thought leader in the New York real estate community, speaking regularly on panels for organizations including The Commercial Observer, CUNY TV, REFI, The Real Deal, The Stoler Report, The Opal Group, and Bisnow.
- In 2016, Andrea launched an oil company in Texas, Tierra Resource Partners. Two years later, she launched a successor fund to invest in oil and gas royalties called Revere Resources. She hired a team of former Bain and Apollo energy veterans, raised $6 million to buy oil royalties in Southwest Texas, and sold the fund one year later for $18 million.
Jeffrey Rinkov, SIOR
Lee & Associates
- Jeff Rinkov began his brokerage career in 1997 in Lee & Associates' Commerce office as an industrial agent.
- He transitioned from Associate to Shareholder in 2001; a designation earned based upon transaction volume and revenue. Rinkov served as the President of that office for 11 years, the last five of which he also served on the Lee & Associates Board of Directors and Strategic Planning Committee.
- In 2015, he accepted the position of CEO and Chairman of the Board of Lee & Associates, and during his tenure, company expansion and revenue growth have occurred at a record pace.
- Rinkov graduated from Pepperdine University and is an active member in many industry organizations, including CCIM, CREW, ICSC, NAIOP, and SIOR.